Thursday, 13 November 2014

Exporting a session from the Bkool site

On the Bkool.com site I can see my the training sessions I've done as well as the planned sessions I have. There is a nice page where I can analyze a session and see data like hart rate, power, speed etc. And also the fictive gps-route if the session contained a map file.

But I keep my main training log in two other places. For me that is Garmin connect, since my main gps-watch is a Garmin Forerunner. The other place is the Swedish social training community called funbeat.se





Luckily for me, Bkool has added a feature to export the sessions in well known formats such as .fit .tcx .gpx or .hrm. Formats that all training logs that I know of are capable of importing. Unfortunately for me, the import of these logs does not end up as I want... From the indoor session I have done I'm able to export to .fit and .hrm. .fit is what Garmin Connect uses so that's my pick. But this file can not be imported to Garmin - I get the message that it is not a correct file.



Contacting support again and they say they have contacted Garmin about this. No solution to the problem.

The import to funbeat.se works though. But without the information about how long my session was. So I get the hart rate data, speed and cadence imported. How many kilometers my session lasted etc. Even the gps-route is correct. So now my friends following me on the site will soon be able to see my ride up Alpe d'Huez, even though I never left my house...

Here's a video to help the Bkool support understand what it looks like:


I hope that they will be able to solve the full export function so data can be imported into other training logs.

11 comments:

  1. Hi, I have had the same problem. Manage to upload to Strava but not to Garmin, as it comes as undefined. Will try to see if I can upload from strava to garmin, that could be a way around the problem. Will let you know!
    Alfons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot see where you click to export. I have upgraded to Premium

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,
      Did you look at the video I posted above? It is right in the beginning of the video, starting at 0:08. When you go to "activity detail", mouse over the fourth icon on the right side of the map, and the option of export will be displayed. At least this is how it worked some time ago. Good luck!
      /Stefan

      Delete
  3. Yup, same problem here. No point paying the money if the fit files can't be directly or accurately uploaded elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, same problem here. No point paying the money if the fit files can't be directly or accurately uploaded elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I have some solution.
    1. Export .Fit from BKool website.
    2. Go to Ride with GPS website and register.
    3. Upload you Fit file
    4. Export your workout as TCX History
    5. Upload to Garmin connect.

    Very complicated, But work...

    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished my 1st ride, however I do not see the export button on the map. Do you need to register firts as a premium member?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems to be taking several hours from finishing my ride on my turbo trainer to it appearing on the website. Is any one else having this issue?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was this problem of .fit files into Garmin Connect ever resolved. I ask because I use Garmin Connect and may start using Bkool for trainer rides.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Was this problem of .fit files into Garmin Connect ever resolved. I ask because I use Garmin Connect and may start using Bkool for trainer rides.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a Big isue, that Bkool cant upload to garmin connect!

    ReplyDelete